Amazon Games announced Season 4 of New World, Eternal Frost, launching on December 12, 2023 and it’s here to expand the MMO quickly. Season 4 offers a sizable new storyline, a level 65 expedition, and new artifacts coming to players who own the recently released Rise of the Angry Earth expansion, as well as new seasonal events, a new season pass, and more. Additionally, players can pick up a new season pass to participate in the Eternal Frost Season Journey and other limited-time challenges for exclusive cosmetics, consumables, and other rewards. Adventurers eager to explore what’s next on the Eternal Isle can preview the new seasonal content ahead of release on the Public Test Realm starting November 9, 2023.
The Rise of the Angry Earth expansion features:
- A chilling new narrative storyline: A Knight of the Round Table has unearthed forbidden knowledge of the Ancients, seeking to subjugate humanity with the power of an eternal winter. Rally your team of Silver Crows, and convince a surly fire mage named Daichi to help track down and vanquish the Knight before he lays waste to Aeternum.
- A new high-level expedition: The Glacial Tarn is a new Level 65 Expedition set in the Great Cleave. Explore a cavernous frozen complex hidden beyond the Empyrean Forge in pursuit of the Varangian Knight Sir Loth. Locate and harness the primordial magic of the Empyrean Flame to overcome enemies and obstacles imbued with Ice Magic and destroy Sir Loth before his power consumes all of Aeternum.
- New Artifacts: Find and equip eight new Artifacts to redefine your playstyle. These powerful weapons and armor feature their quests. Stun and shock enemies with the Boltcaster Bow, boost your speed and reduce cooldowns with the Winged Shoes, freeze and finish your enemies with The Frozen Gauntlet, and more.
New World Season 4 features:
- New Season Pass: Eternal Frost introduces a new Season Journey, a new Activity Card, new Challenges, and new rewards, including cosmetics and consumables.
- The Winter Convergence Festival: Icy winds and glimmering Gleamites fill the air once again as Winter Convergence returns to Aeternum. Visit Winter Villages to meet the Winter Wanderer and carry out his holiday quests. Players can also collect Winter Tokens to earn new limited-time rewards, including festive skins, emotes, housing items, and more.
- Help stave off the Forever Winter: The Winter Warrior and his legion of Frigid Folk are on a relentless mission to spread a Forever Winter across the land. Rally a party of 20+ players to defeat this open-world boss, wreaking havoc throughout Great Cleave, Brightwood, Edengrove, Ebonscale Reach, and Brimstone Sands for new seasonal rewards.
- Legacy of Crassus: The might of Rome threatens Aeternum. Hunt down General Crassus’ monstrous captains and banish the shadow of Roman tyranny. Following a plan set in motion long ago, Crassus’ forces have invaded the southern lands to unleash the cyclopses Lucanus and Decimus. Players brave enough to face these world bosses can search for portals in Brightwood, Weavers Fen, Mourningdale, Ebonscale Reach, and Edengrove. Each victory nets Adventurers new event-specific, daily rewards.
- Cross-world expeditions and improved Group Finder: Coming later this season, players can team up from any world within a region to overcome challenges within the depths of Aeternum. The new, one-click Group Finder will automatically assemble a role-balanced, cross-world group—no more lobby management required!
Season 4 of New World, Eternal Frost, will launch on December 12th. Players can purchase the Rise of the Angry Earth expansion for $29.99 on PC via Steam.