Looking for news about a Neverwinter update? Well, here you go. Gearbox Publishing and Cryptic Studios announced that Neverwinter’s new module, Spelljammer, will launch on PC, PlayStation, and Xbox consoles on November 7, 2023.
The upcoming major update for the free-to-play Dungeons & Dragons MMORPG will let adventurers go on thrilling space-based adventures within the infinite, airless world of Wildspace. Originally introduced in the Dungeons & Dragons Spelljammer: Adventures in Space book, Neverwinter’s Spelljammer module will introduce a brand-new Spelljammer story arc. Featuring an Adventure Zone unlike any other in Neverwinter, Spelljammer brings various planets to explore, a new challenging Trial to conquer, and new quality-of-life improvements.
In Spelljammer, reports of falling stars across Toril have led Lord Neverember to summon adventurers to investigate this ill omen. However, while bolstering the city’s defenses, the city of Neverwinter is struck by an astral seed – leading to an assault from Astral Elves of the Xaryxian Empire. During this battle, a spelljammer ship, the Moondancer, arrives with the offer of assistance against his deadly empire and departs for Wildspace. Alongside the crew of the Moondancer, you’ll need to journey to various planets and convince the inhabitants to ally against the Xaryxian Empire and save Toril!
Check out the upcoming features in Neverwinter:
- New Adventure Zone – Wildspace – A new style of adventure zone never seen before in Neverwinter! Wildspace isn’t a single planet or area, and it’s not on Toril/ Faerûn — Wildspace is composed of different Landing Sites, each with a unique story, various quests, and different inhabitants, all inspired by Spelljammer: Adventures in Space. In addition, there is a special Invasion site where the players battle against the Xaryxian Empire in a race against the clock.
- New Trial – Defense of the Moondancer – In this new trial, The Moondancer is ambushed by a Xaryxian ship, the Dirty Deceit. Damaged in a surprise attack and boarded, players must battle through the Moondancer’s halls and fight their way aboard the Dirty Deceit to defeat Captain Xoor’lar. The new trial will have three difficulty tiers (Normal, Advanced, Master) along with new rewards unique for each difficulty, with the best rewards from the challenging Master difficulty version of the trial.
- New Quality-of-Life Improvements – The new module will bring multiple quality-of-life improvements to Neverwinter:
- Boon System Update – Players will be able to unlock multiple different master boons using their boon points. Master boons have been reworked and upgraded, adding powerful new customization options.
- Trial Interface Update – Trials have a new interface to help showcase the full team status.
- Paladin Class Update – As requested by Neverwinter’s community of players, updates, bug fixes, and improvements have been made to the Paladin class.
- Barbarian Sentinel Update – Updates and bug fixes to the Barbarian tank paragon, the Sentinel, have made the class a much more robust option for defeating the Xaryxian Empire.
Spelljammer, will launch on PC, PlayStation, and Xbox consoles on November 7, 2023.