Netmarble, a leading developer and publisher of high-quality gaming experiences, is preparing a NA Server Focus Test for its Battle Royale TPS game, HypeSquad. NA Server Focus Test will be held from May 11 through May 29, featuring new content and game improvements. Players can participate in the test by downloading the game on Steam.
Participants will be able to experience the following game content and improvements as outlined by the publisher
- New Mode: A new Competitive Mode will be available that will measure a player’s skill. Available tiers include Rookie, Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. Different rewards will be provided for each tier so that players can continuously try out for higher grades.
- Battle Pass System: Pass Points can be obtained by playing a match and completing battle pass missions. Players can obtain Battle Pass Rewards, including emote and weapons based on the accumulated Pass Points.
- Growth System Changes: To allow players to fully enjoy the experience of close-ranged combat during the entire 15 mins of gameplay, the Augmenter, Vending Machine, and Hype Point Systems will be removed, while a new Level-up System will be added. Players can level up by acquiring experience items that can be found through defeating other players or the newly added PVE elements, the Patrol Robot and Vainin. All players will start the game at level 1 and can reach up to level 12. Each time a player levels up, they can choose 1 Talent among Attack, Defense, and Utility and form unique strategies.
- Combat System Change: In HypeSquad, the number of weapons that can be equipped will be changed to one so that players can focus on one weapon to use rather than continuously choosing other artillery.
- Weapon Skills and Passives Rework: Several weapon skills and passives will be changed to improve each weapon’s unique usability and characteristics. For example, various effects will be added to the skill sets of Link Cleaver to allow players to confuse enemies and engage in a more dynamic combat environment.
- Rule Changes: Extra time will be added after the final round in Survival Mode. Unlike the previous rounds, the safe zone will not shrink during the extra time. Instead of holding out in the safe zone or being forced to fight due to the gray field, the extra time will allow players to determine the battle’s outcome through combat. Farming-type bots Vainin and Patrol Robot, which enable players to carry out alternative strategies by dropping experience items and other combat-assist items, will be added.
HypeSquad is a fast-paced game where players join a squad battle, teaming up to survive in intense close-quarters combat. Featuring a variety of weapons and options, players can creatively personalize their combat style in order to lead their squad to victory. The game features a diverse cast of characters, each with different backgrounds and motivations, and an assortment of unique melee and ranged options. Lastly, HypeSquad’s interactive objects, like zip lines and jump pads, among other objects, add a layer of strategy for players to consider as they strive to be victorious on the battlefield.