Today, Young Horses are thrilled to announce that whimsical snack-catching island adventure, Bugsnax, will be arriving on Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Windows 10, and Steam on April 28th for $24.99 USD with a 20% off launch discount. Bugsnax will also be coming to Game Pass on Xbox platforms, Windows 10, and Cloud. But there’s even more, Bugsnax’s free content update, The Isle of Bigsnax, will also arrive on all platforms on the same day.
Young Horses is also happy to share that new trophies and achievements will be coming to Bugsnax as part of The Isle of Bigsnax update. The Isle of Bigsnax‘s main campaign includes 3 to 4 hours of new story content – with Yuri Lowenthal, Casey Mongillo, Debra Wilson, and Haviland Stillwell returning to voice their respective grumpuses – and new exciting Bugsnax and mysteries to discover. Players will find even more to do on the main island of the original game with new mail quests from the grumpuses to complete, hats to acquire for your favorite snax, and your very own hut to decorate and call home!
I had a chance to view a snippet of the new DLC in a preview event last week, and I can confidently say the new, larger Bugsnax are as awesome as they sound. As the name implies, they are definitely bigger than the normal snax from the base game, which adds to the hilarity and charm of the game. The addition of a home with customization options as well as some quality of life changes (and hats, the hats are awesome) bring a whole lot to the table to improve an already excellent game. I can’t wait to be able to check out the entire expansion to see what wacky adventures the Young Horses team has in store.
If you’re new to Bugsnax, the features include:
- Discover, hunt, and capture all 100 different species of Bugsnax using a variety of contraptions and bait.
- Explore the diverse biomes of Snaktooth Island to track down and reunite the inhabitants of Snaxburg.
- Stuff your new friends with Bugsnax to customize them with countless new looks.
- Follow every lead to learn more about Lizbert’s band of misfits and the mysteries of Snaktooth Island.
- Seek outside quests and travel off the beaten path to test your skills against fearsome supersized Bugsnax!
- Complete challenges from your mailbox, collect decorations to personalize your hut, and most important of all: put hats on your favorite Snax!
On top of all that, iam8bit will also soon be delivering Bugsnax’s delicious soundtrack on vinyl in a special collection. This super-sized two-disc LP includes 25 tracks from composer Seth Parker, stamped on vinyl with drool-worthy colorways. More Bugsnax vinyl tidbits are coming later this year, and you can sign up here to get updates.
Bugsnax and The Isle of Bigsnax arrive on Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Windows 10, and Steam on April 28th