We’re getting closer to the Paladin on the moon. Square Enix released an all new look at the Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker Official Benchmark software. Featuring actual in-game areas and character models, the benchmark software gives players a chance to test their computer’s ability to run Final Fantasy XIV ahead of the expansion’s scheduled launch on November 23, 2021.
The benchmark software also features an updated character creator feature, which includes the option to create male Viera characters: a new playable race to be added in Endwalker. An added bonus, the appearance data of characters created through the benchmark can also be saved for use in the retail version of the game or selected as the character to appear in benchmark cutscenes.
Additionally, Square Enix also released its roadmap which details upcoming content leading directly into the launch of Endwalker was revealed during the latest Letter from the Producer LIVE broadcast. Check out the details as provided in the press release below.
July – August
- Make it Rain Campaign – Beginning July 19 and running through August 11, players can obtain the new “vexed” emote by completing event quests while also earning bonus Manderville Gold Saucer Points (MGP) from Gold Saucer activities.
- Patch 5.58 – Releasing on July 20, the update will mark the beginning of Season 20 of The Feast alongside other content adjustments.
- Moonfire Faire – This summer-themed seasonal event will return for a limited-time starting from August 13.
- The Rising – Marking the 8th anniversary of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn’s release, The Rising is set to begin on August 27.
September – October
- FINAL FANTASY XV Collaboration Event – Players can look forward to the return of the popular event that brings Final Fantasy XV hero Noctis Lucis Caelum to the world of Hydaelyn. From September 13, players who have reached level 50 and completed the main scenario quest “The Ultimate Weapon” can participate to earn numerous rewards, including Noctis’ hairstyle and outfit, the four-person Regalia mount, and more. Players who had previously completed this quest can once again experience this questline and adventure alongside Noctis.
- Moogle Treasure Trove Event – From October 19 and until the planned start of Endwalker early access on November 19, players will have another chance to gather irregular tomestones to exchange for various rewards.
- Endwalker Early Access Launch – Endwalker early access beings on November 19 and allows players who have pre-ordered the game to begin their adventures ahead of the official release on November 23, 2021.
- Post-Launch Events – Additional seasonal events are scheduled to land in the months following the release of Endwalker, such as All Saints’ Wake beginning in late November, the Starlight Celebration in December, and Heavensturn to ring in the new year.
Players who are currently taking a break from their adventures are invited to jump back into the game as part of the latest Free Login Campaign. Now active and running through August 23, eligible users can return to Eorzea and play for free for an extended period of up to fourteen days—the longest play period of any Free Login Campaign to date. You can check out more information here.
Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker will be available for PC, Mac, the PlayStation5 console and the PlayStation4 console on November 23, 2021 and is rated RP (Rating Pending). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings.