Today, The Auroch Digital team, Code by Fire, and Mode 7 announced that the popular Steam game The Colonists will be coming to PlayStation, Xbox, and Switch this year! Classics like The Settlers and Anno inspired this relaxing city-building game. The Colonists combine charming robots and automated production to make a satisfying settlement building game.
In the game, you’ll harvest resources and set up production lines. Construct road, boat, and train transport systems. Discover new lands and battle for survival. Increase the complexity and reap huge rewards as you chase productivity zen. Includes both peaceful and military campaign modes, challenge trophies, and sandbox mode.
With this port to consoles, there are new things coming as well. There will be New Controls, Controller Optimized UI, and of course, New Robot Hats. There will be re-designed controls from the ground up to feel natural and fun on consoles and even a re-imagined user interface to be more accessible for players of all types.
The Colonists is a relaxing city-building game. Help these cute robots build their dream settlement. Each bot has a job to fulfill, from harvesting crops and fishing at the lake to transporting resources and discovering distant lands. Help them work together to achieve automated harmony.
- Harvest: Gather Resources like wood, iron, stone, fish, and lots more
- Refine: Turn resources into useful items, like bread, bricks, and planks
- Build: Create homes, farms, and factories for your bots to live in and work on
- Research: Advance technologies from steam trains to space rockets
- Expand: Increase the complexity and reap the rewards as you chase productivity zen
- Campaign: 14 missions split into separate peaceful and military branches
- Sandbox Mode: Customise various game settings to play the game how you like
- Challenge Trophies: Special speed-run challenges which test the most expert colony builders