As part of today’s Day of the Devs: The Game Awards Edition showcase, Kitfox Games, the developer behind Boyfriend Dungeon, announced their next internally developed game, Loose Leaf: A Tea Witch Simulator. And the game is just as it sounds.
Loose Leaf: A Tea Witch Simulator is an occult sandbox game about brewing tea and reading tarot cards. You play as a witch managing your tea room, where you discover new brews and guide your troubled customers in a haunted world. Provide your regulars with the advice they need, along with the perfect, witchy beverage to accompany it.
“My mother read tarot for friends when I was a kid, and she would only take silver for payment, joking she was a witch. Then I started reading tarot myself as an adult, for fun,” says Tanya Fox, Creative Director and Co-founder of Kitfox Games. “When some of the Kitfox artists told me they wanted to make a game about tea-brewing, and we started talking about witches, I knew we could follow our hearts and make something really unique and true to ourselves.”
This game has elements of a sandbox experience, encouraging you to experiment in order to perfect your brews and learn more about the tools and ingredients left behind by the previous tea master. By brewing more recipes and reading the cards, you’ll be better able to fulfill requests and figure out what kind of witch you really are.
Features Shared by the Developer:
- Fully 3D environment and fluid simulation for immersive tea brewing
- Satisfying physical interactions with ingredients and equipment
- Open-ended experimentation-based gameplay: combine ingredients and try to create your perfect tea
- Read from the Deck of Fortune to get to know your troubled guests and alleviate their suffering, interpreting the cards and giving advice
- Fully original witchy soundtrack by composer Leaf
Loose Leaf: A Tea Witch Simulator is now available to wishlist on Steam.