One of the reasons I made it through the pandemic was because I was able to find a community in BTS ARMY, by watching the concert performances together with a good friend at a ridiculous hour in the US. So when Disney+ debuted BTS: PERMISSION TO DANCE ON STAGE – LA, it was fantastic to watch it again. Now, Disney+ has acquired the rights to BTS Monuments: Beyond The Star – a new eight-part docuseries coming December 20, 2023. BTS Monuments: Beyond The Star isn’t the first docuseries or documentary for the band. with Break the Silence: The Movie Persona, Burn the Stage: The Movie, Bring the Soul: The Movie, and Bring the Soul: The Docu-series and Break The Silence docu-series.
What is BTS Monuments: Beyond The Star?
BTS Monuments: Beyond The Star features never-before-seen interviews, performances, and behind-the-scenes moments with RM (Kim Nam-joon), Jin (Kim Seok-jin), SUGA (Min Yoon-gi), j-hope (Jung Ho-seok), Jimin (Park Jimin), V (Kim Tae-hyung), and Jung Kook (Jeong Jung-kook), BTS Monuments: Beyond The Star will take audiences on an in-depth journey across the band’s 10-year career, highlighting their highs and lows for the first time ever in a captivating docuseries format.
It also features appearances from HYBE Chairman Bang Si-Hyuk, and BEYOND THE STORY : 10-YEAR RECORD OF BTS author Kang Myeongseok, BTS Monuments: Beyond The Star looks back on the band’s key moments over the years, showing how the band came to be, what it was like preparing for their debut, what it was like winning best new artist at the 2013 Melon music awards, highlighting their struggles during the “Danger” period, discussing their first concerts, their debut at the American Music Awards and the Billboard Music Awards, what it was like becoming stars in America, speaking at the UN, performing at the Rose Bowl Stadium, the excitement of performing at London’s Wembley Stadium and more.
The upcoming docuseries also shines a spotlight on highly personal moments from their past, including how they felt about meeting each other for the first time; their initial contract renewal process; the difficulties of isolating during COVID; as well as other more lighthearted moments including j-hope’s surprise birthday party and Jung Kook’s high school graduation ceremony.
How Many Episodes Are In BTS Monuments: Beyond The Star?
Disney+ today also announced the titles of each of the docuseries’ eight parts, giving fans a hint at what they can expect from each episode:
- Episode 1 – The Beginning
- Episode 2 – Adolescence
- Episode 3 – Pursuit of Happiness
- Episode 4 – Disconnected
- Episode 5 – Welcome!
- Episode 6 – Begin and Again
- Episode 7 – Still Purple
- Episode 8 – Promise For Tomorrow
When does the series air?
Stream the first two episodes of BTS Monuments: Beyond The Star from December 20, 2023 exclusively on Disney+.
BTS Monuments: Beyond The Star will join a whole host of unmissable BTS content available on Disney+, including:
- BTS: PERMISSION TO DANCE ON STAGE – LA, an exclusive cinematic 4K concert film featuring BTS’ live performance at Los Angeles’ Sofi Stadium in November 2021.
- SUGA: Road to D-DAY, an insightful documentary following BTS member SUGA as he travels around the world from Seoul to Tokyo, Las Vegas, and beyond in search of musical inspiration for his latest album D-DAY.
- j-hope IN THE BOX, a behind the scenes documentary showcasing the creation of j-hope’s first solo album, Jack In The Box.
- IN THE SOOP : Friendcation – an original travel reality show with a star-studded cast including V of BTS, Itaewon Class’ Park Seojun, Parasite star Choi Wooshik, Soundtrack #1’s Park Hyungsik, and Peakboy, as the five friends venture off on a surprise trip and enjoy a variety of fun activities together.